New York, Dec. 21, 2023 – Brightstar Capital Partners, “Brightstar”, a private equity firm focused on partnering with families, founders, entrepreneurs, and management teams, today announced five promotions.
- Larry Schmidlapp has been promoted to Managing Director from Principal. Larry joined Brightstar in 2017, and his journey from associate to vice president to principal and now managing director is a testament to his talent and unwavering dedication. The management teams at Gateway Dealer Network, Amerit Fleet Solutions, and Texas Water Supply trust Larry’s ability to think strategically and appreciate his work ethic.
- Peter Smith has been promoted to Managing Director from Principal. Peter has shown tremendous growth since he joined the firm as an associate in 2016. Peter helped build Brightstar’s investor relations program from the ground up, and has played an essential role as the firm evolved and expanded its investor base for Fund III.
- Jesse Rosenfeld has been promoted to Managing Director from Principal. Jesse has helped Brightstar elevate its investor relations program since he arrived at the firm in 2021, opening new doors with relationships he’s cultivated during his career and strengthening relationships with current investors.
- Cara Toolin has been promoted to Vice President from Senior Associate. Cara joined Brightstar in 2018. She serves as air traffic controller for business development, organizing and energizing the team as Brightstar continues to execute its strategy of utilizing its relationship networks to pursue opportunities.
- Maggie Amroussi has been promoted to Senior Executive Assistant from Executive Assistant. Maggie consistently provides invaluable across-the-board support to many members of the Brightstar team and interfaces with many members of portfolio company management teams. She joined the firm in 2017.
Andrew Weinberg, Brightstar Founder and CEO, commented, “Developing and nurturing talent is essential for any successful organization. Larry, Peter, Jesse, Cara, and Maggie all play vital roles in our firm and are culture carriers. We are proud of them and excited about what lies ahead for our firm heading into 2024 and beyond.”
About Brightstar Capital Partners
Brightstar Capital Partners is a middle market private equity firm focused on investing in closely held family, founder, or entrepreneur-led businesses where Brightstar believes it can drive significant value with respect to the management, operations, and strategic direction of the business. Brightstar employs an operationally intensive “Us & Us” approach that leverages its extensive experience and relationship network to help companies reach their full potential. For more information, please visit www.brightstarcp.com.